Thursday, February 10, 2011

Brownies

So, a slight diversion from the healthier theme of my cooking - brownies!! I found what proved to be quite a tasty vegan brownie recipe on allrecipes.com. I was a little apprehensive, because of the amount of oil - 1/2 cup oil with 1/2 cup water, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar... I only use olive oil, and there was a pretty strong taste of olive oil when the batter was raw, but the end product is very good :-)

I made a half recipe, used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa, and added about half a cup of Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. Baked it in a cake pan, because I couldn't find any square pans! The recipe said it would be gooey, which this wasn't, but, my oven isn't the most consistent with its temperature, so it might have been hotter than intended.

Here is a picture - I love the contrast with the chocolate chips being lighter than the bread!
no idea why half the picture's dark...

No comments:

Post a Comment