Sunday, January 30, 2011

Penne (or Rotini...) With Creamy Asparagus Sauce

This is rather delayed, but I still wanted to post this... This is from early in January 2011.

Recipe Source: 1,000 Vegan Recipes, By Robin Robertson, ©2009
    "Penne With Creamy Asparagus Sauce" - page 207

I made a rather tasty pasta meal - it was Pasta (I used rotini) with "Creamy" Asparagus Sauce. It was quite good, however, the term creamy is a bit of a stretch. It was mostly a combination of cannellini beans and asparagus, half of it chopped up in the food processor (i.e. blender, since I didn't have a food processor at that point), and then mixed into the un-blended portion. Seeing as I followed the recipe pretty carefully, I'm not sure what texture it should have been, but it sure wasn't the creamy I was expecting... I was expecting something more the texture of an alfredo sauce. I will probably try this recipe again, next time, with fresh, instead of frozen, asparagus. And with plain, instead of original Silk soy milk as the liquid.
Here are pictures - it looks kinda weird, but it really was tasty!!
Minus the pasta, all cooked...

Ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment